For those who read this blog, I have begun another blog dedicated to senior care, and issues that have a senior theme. There is just so much out there that wants to be addressed and stories to be shared.
Today’s post brings back the reoccurring theme of the “new” Riverview Manor in Montague, PEI and the unfulfilled promises by their government:
“Spring is sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the…. government iz?” Here we go again. It’s called the Montague Riverview Manor Waiting game. The rules go like this:
- Make a promise.
- Get people excited and feeling cared for.
- Get others advocating for your promise. “No, no! It’s real, this time!”
- Make a gesture that is called “tender”.
- Hold breath for a few months.
- Give a good excuse or don’t even say anything.